By 1904 a weatherboard building was erected and Mass was held each Sunday. On the 1st of March 1919 the Leederville Parish was established with its own parish priest Father Moloney. Father Moloney’s new parish had no assets, no real church, no presbytery or site for either. By March 1923 three blocks of land were purchased for the sum of 900 pounds with Archbishop Clune dedicating the new church and foundation stone in May of that same year. The history of St. Mary’s Leederville shows us that the passion for Christ can open doors for all. With the belief that each of us has the capacity for evoking divinity, we gather together and our potential finds expression in a most positive communal form. We invite you to join us in the celebration of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
‘The parish of St Mary’s Leederville
is an inner city parish that provides spiritual
and practical support through the various groups
and organisations committed to living out
the message of Jesus.’
Parish Priest – Fr Joseph Angelo